Monday, March 31, 2008

BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY

I once read an article that said ‘be your own success story’ and I thought, why can’t I have a success story? This is my blog and journey through parenting, weightless and so much more to help me and others along to hopeful end with a success story. I will not ever claim that I am perfect in any area but I hope to bring hope and encouragement to those who read this and need it. I though probably need to do this blog more than anyone out there. So here it goes.

I have two main goals right now that I am working on…

1. Lose weight in a healthy way .

2. Be a better parent.


Number 1….I am in the process of trying to lose weight due to health problem when pregnant. I have had toxemia with my first two children and I had gestational diabetes with the last, which was one of the greatest blessings I have had. I learned through a dietician how to eat right which was an eye opening experience. So far my success story is that I weighed 191 lbs at my 6 week appointment after my last baby which was last September and as of today I weigh 152lbs. My goal is 135lbs. I have done this through portion control, exercise, meal planning, prayer, scripture study and the support of others. I plan to share all of this in this blog so it may help others also.

Number 2…I will be the first to admit that I need a whole lot more patience. I am an almost 27 year old mom that has been married for 5 and ½ years with three children under the age of 4. I am learning to calm down and am constantly seeking for advice and help in raising them better. This too has taken a lot of prayer. I want so bad to be a Mom that my kids can look back and say ‘she was great, a true success story when it comes to Mom’s, yes she had her faults but she tried and grew better because she kept on trying’.

I hope as my first blog this will help share what I am trying to do and I hope this will help those who are reading this. My motto is BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY don't let anything tear you down. If you have a bad day remember there is alway a better day yet to come.

No comments: